John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My maytag Model MC68000AWW seem to not be heating up

Customer Question

my maytag Model MC68000AWW seem to not be heating up anymore. It takes an extremely long time to dry articles. Does this mean the heating coil just needs to be replaced and if so is it something that can be done by me?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: not sure but I know it is out of warrantee because the washer failed about a month ago and was not under warranty.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Model MC68000AWW, Rev #10, Serial # 10128583EC
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: yes if its something a normal educated person can do.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome o just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who will assist you today. The model number you provided is pulling up a vacuum can you double check the number on your unit? It certainly does sound like a heating unit and should be fairly simple to replace but I will need the model number to give you this information.