Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

My GE Profile Side by Side fridge is humming at times. It

Customer Question

My GE Profile Side by Side fridge is humming at times. It seems to be when its making ice but I'm not sure. But its not even 3 years old so I'm not going to be happy if the ice maker goes out now that my manufactory's warranty is out and I didn't renew it! Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 12 months ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Catigory
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Model #LSHS6LGZBCSS

Thank you ,would you say that the humming is coming from the icemaker or from some other place when the icemaker is cycling?

I suspect the noise is coming from under the unit in the rear of the unit and is from the water inlet valve assembly.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Actually I am not feeling well today. I just pulled it out. It was humming quietly behind the ice maker and it has stopped. But it gets really loud sometimes. Would it be possible for us to continue tomorrow? I should have waited to start. I have had breast cancer surgery and I tend to overdo things!

sure just reply back when your feeling better that is no problem!

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I don't think we are going to need to go any further. Since I pulled the fridge out from the wall, it has not hummed. I think it was unbalanced. I want to try that first. I am assuming I will not be charged?

ok you can try that but you are paying for my time assisting you ,not for a fix for your appliance.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
how much have I paid

nothing as of yet you have not rated me yet!

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
OK you have not assisted me yet as we were just beginning to talk. All I did was give you the model number so I am asking you what I would be paying you for at this point?

you may want to go back and read our post you did more then JUST give me the model number.

If you go to the DR. because you felt bad if you feel better when you get to the DR. and still see him does he not expect you to pay a DR visit!

I show that you have selected the $28.00 option for me to assist you.

Which I have done both days and I will continue even after you rate me if you still need assistance.

I`m in no way trying to cheat you out of something .

You agreed upon a set amount for me to assist you .I have done that and will continue if you do need assistance later on for the same set fee that you yourself selected.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I did not select $28. I didn't even know there was a $28 choice! All I saw was $24. And that was divided. $5.00 to begin with and the other $20 if we continued!

I`m not sure about that I can only tell you what I see which is $28.

As an expert I do not get to see your personal or money info I just see the set amount and your question.

do you still need assistance?

I see you have not rated me as of yet!!