How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Your Own Question
John, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 13453
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
John is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I un plugged and turned the water off to defrost the drain

Customer Question

I un plugged and turned the water off to defrost the drain line for two days. After I put it back together, the control panel screen had two 88's with the on on the right flashing part of the second 8. I cannot get the controls to work. It will dispense crushed ice, but I cannot change the settings or tempeture. What can I do?
JA: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: GE GFSS6KKYCSS. IT IS 6 years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Sears technician was there Saturday and could not clear the drain line. He suggested turning it off and letting the line defrost a couple of days. I did and it worked.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

can you tell me which 8 and which segment is flashing exactly? That will let me know what error code you're getting.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?