Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I HAVE A RS261MRS SIDE BY SIDE REFG/FREEZER THE PROBLEM IS

Customer Question
i HAVE A RS261MRS SIDE...
i HAVE A RS261MRS SIDE BY SIDE REFG/FREEZER THE PROBLEM IS THAT IN THE FRREZER SIDE @ VERY BOTOM IS 7 DEGREES/& AT TOP IS 30 DEGREES/ IN THE REFG IS BASIC THE SAME THE LOWER IS 40 DEGREE @ BOTTOM AND HALF WAY UP THE TOP PART IS ONLY 55 DEGREES
JA: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?
Customer: SAMUNG RS261MDRS THE CONTROL PANEL WILL ONLY BLINK IT WANT TAKE NO SETTINGS
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I TOOK THE BACK OF FREEZER TO FIND OUT IF IT WAS FROZE UP---BUT WAS NOT FROZE UP
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: WHEN i UNPLUG & THE REPLUG THE DISPAY ALL WORKS FOR ABT 2 MIN AND THEN THE SETING GOES OFF AND JUST BLINKING ON THE 4TH BAR
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
9/19/2016
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago
travis webb

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who will try to assist you today. Give me just a moment to pull up some information for you .

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

The evaporator fan motor draws air over the evaporator (cooling) coils and circulates it throughout the refrigerator and freezer compartments. Some refrigerators have more than one evaporator fan motor. On refrigerators with only one evaporator, the evaporator is located in the freezer compartment. If the evaporator fan is not working, it will not circulate the cold air to the refrigerator compartment. If this occurs, the freezer may still get cold, while the refrigerator will not get cold. To determine if the evaporator fan motor is defective, try turning the fan blade by hand. If the fan blade does not turn freely, replace the fan motor. Additionally, if the motor is unusually noisy, replace it. Finally, if the motor does not run at all, use a multimeter to test the motor windings for continuity. If the windings do not have continuity, replace the evaporator fan motor.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Samsung-Refrigerator-Evaporator-Fan-Motor/DA3100146E/1486536?modelNumber=RS261MDRS&fromRepairHelp=True&ss=a4b160d1068147

The start relay works in conjunction with the start winding to start the compressor. If the start relay is defective, the compressor may sometimes fail to run or may not run at all. As a result, the refrigerator will not be cold enough. To determine if the start relay is defective, use a multimeter to test it for continuity between the run and start terminal sockets. If the start relay does not have continuity between the run and start terminal sockets, replace it. In addition, if the start relay has a burnt odor, replace it.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Samsung-Refrigerator-Start-Relay/3501001501/3447512?modelNumber=RS261MDRS&fromRepairHelp=True&ss=a4b160d1068147

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
THE EVAPORATOR FAN & motor has been replacedin the frrezer/ have not replace the evaporator fan in the refg---does this model have fan in the refg? what should the multimeter show when tested?. I can hear the compressor come on and run, when the main board has been install should the dispenser control board be replaced ?
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

Ok so if you have already replaced those things then yes its a malfunction with the control board. I can find that part for you if you are interested in replacing it.

Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
is the refg fan behind the rear liner/ does this part freeze up as do the coils on the freezer side?
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

Typically it doesnt but I mean it would certainly be a good thing to check before replacing the control board. Can you access it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I HAVE ALREADY REPLACE THE MAIN CONTROL BOARD @ REAR----DOES THE CONTROL BOARD @ FRONT THAT SHOWS ALL SETTING NEED TO BE REPLACED
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

If you have already replaced the main control board and are still having this issue it sounds like something is not hooked up correctly or something is missing. I will opt out and open this up to other experts to see if they have a better idea of what is going on.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
THANKS TRAVIS
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

I have been looking into some other issues and I am beginning to wonder if The problem here is with the defrost system. Either the defrost heater has failed or the defrost sensor. Open the freezer door and take the shelf/drawer and food out of the freezer. Next take the panel out in the rear. Behind this panel you will see the evaporator (looks like the radiator on a car) Looped below the evaporator you will see the defrost heater, test this with a ohm meter, if it reads open then it will need to be replaced.

If the heater is good (reads continuity) then the sensor is bad, this is located clipped to the top corner of the evaporator. In this case replace the sensor.

Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

Have you been able to figure out anything more?

travis webb
travis webb
travis webb