Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Where is the fuse on model YMH 6140XFQ-1?

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
OK
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

The fuse is mounted right behind the front control panel. Unplug the microwave. The grille above the door will need to be removed. Once that has been taken off, there is a screw at the top of the control panel. Take it out and the panel will lift up and hinge down, allowing access to that fuse. Let me know once you find it, please, and I can help you test it!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Text please. a diagram or photo would be great.
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

See number 27 & 28 in the diagram at the link below.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I cant find it. Is it at the very bottom of the control panel or behind the housing at the bottom
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Did you remove the grille so the control panel may be hinged down?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i removed the fan grill and unhinged the cotrol panel . is the fuse on the control panel orr in the microwavw?
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

In the microwave cabinet. It should be at the top or mounted at the very bottom. I will see if I can find a better picture.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Tks
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

See the attached page.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
This microwave does not have a high voltage access panel.There is a grill that I have removed. Behind it is a round devise
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Hmm, can you post a picture of what you see?

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Does your model look like the attached picture, as far as part placement?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it looks like that almost.
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

So the fuse should be mounted on the bottom, behind the fan. Do you see it there?

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

See the attached page.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
55357;�I got it. Is black and was hidden. Is there a correct way to put the new one in?
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

No, it just slips in the holder. Let me know what happens after replacing that fuse, nice job!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Well, nothing happened after I replaced the fuse.
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Control still dark?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
nothing works. maybe time to replace the 15-year old friend.
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

There is a high limit thermostat (see attached page) but it is a resettable fuse, so it should reset once it is cooled. It will require pulling the microwave off the wall to remove the cabinet for access. At 15 years, it may be time to consider replacing it, I agree. Let me know if you would like the service manual for it if you intend to dig deeper. I suspect the electronic control may be faulty, though.

You deserve 5 star service! I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!