Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Replaced part between transmission and motor and have no

Customer Question
function now ...no spin no...
replaced part between transmission and motor and have no function now ...no spin no pump no aggitate ... all this worked before replacement except the spin cycle ... the coupler is installed correctly it seems like an electronic issue since the washer now does not have any cycles... I can hear the clock ticking but nothing happens
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
9/15/2016
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who will assist you. Give me just a moment to locate your manual while I try to assist you.

Does the unit get any electric when you plug it in?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Its a stack unit w dryer on top so yes electric working ... I can hear the clock ticking on cycles but there's no action

I know its a stack unit I just wanted to confirm the breaker wasnt off or anything. I have your manual pulled up. Bare with me just another moment.

I also need to verify after you replaced everything did you turn the water back on?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
sir...and water is working fine going in ... does not pump out now though & just to be clear it was pumping out before replacing coupler .. i

Ok got you. Let me finish looking through the manual for a moment and I will be right back with you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am not in front of the machine right now either ... I am at my office so a fix on this situation will have to be tried when I get home ... if that's not going to work let me know and we can jump off this thing (never tried this before so not really sure how it works)

That is totally fine. That will give me more time to look into it and when you get home just message me on here and we will trouble shoot together.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't have internet at home so this is really not going to work?

Ok if you would rather just have me cancel this I can do that for you. I am thinking it may be the start capacitor has went bad. But I cant tell you how to check that until you are in front of it. If you would like you can follow up with me tomorrow or I can have this matter closed for you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I guess close it & thanks for your time. pls refund
***** ********

Ok I hope you figure out what is going on. Thank you for choosing just answer.

So I know you said to close this out but believe what your problem is is your lid switch has come unplugged.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Whirlpool-Washer-Dryer-Combo-Lid-Switch-Assembly/WP3355458/520852?modelNumber=LTE6234AW2&ss=a17b5i213d112256&mr=1

This is what it looks like and this is the location of it is number 17 on this diagram.

http://c.searspartsdirect.com/lis_png/PLDM/O2022308-00006.png

I certainly hope you find this information helpful and if you check I know you will find this to be the problem. If you are satisfied with this information just rate with 5 stars at the top.

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician