Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Kenmore dryer and it keep stopping and on the far

Customer Question
I have a Kenmore dryer...
I have a Kenmore dryer and it keep stopping and on the far right all the lights will signal
If I press start it will start again but it will stop and do the same thing
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
9/15/2016
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago
travis webb

Hello and welcome to Just answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to try and assist you today. Do you happen to have the model number handy so I can pull up the correct manuals and have a look at them for you?

Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

Ok give me just a moment I see your model number on here now. I will pull up some manuals.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Great
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

The drive belt is a very long, slender belt that wraps all the way around the dryer drum, around a tension pulley, and then around the drive motor pulley. Over time, the belt can break from normal use. If the belt is broken, the dryer won’t turn. To quickly determine if the belt is broken, reach into the dryer and turn the drum by hand. If the drum spins very easily, the belt is likely broken. Next, inspect the belt to confirm that it is broken. If the belt is broken, replace it.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Kenmore-Dryer-Drive-Belt/134503600/1156784?modelNumber=417.98076700&fromRepairHelp=True&ss=a8b6d939629

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Kenmore-Dryer-Drive-Belt/134503600/1156784?modelNumber=417.98076700&fromRepairHelp=True&ss=a8b6d939629#repairHelpVideoTabsAnchor

If the dryer stops turning during the cycle, one or more of the drum glides (also called slides) might be worn out. The drum glides are small plastic pieces that support the front of the dryer drum. As the drum rotates, it slides on these plastic pieces. Over time, the drum glides wear out. If the drum glides are worn out, the drum can start binding and put strain on the motor. If this happens, the motor shuts down, preventing the dryer from turning. To determine if the drum glides are worn out, inspect them for wear. If the glides are worn out, replace all of the glides as a set.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Kenmore-Dryer-Drum-Slide-Glide-Or-Pad/137513300/2629362?modelNumber=417.98076700&fromRepairHelp=True&ss=a8b6d939629

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Kenmore-Dryer-Drum-Slide-Glide-Or-Pad/137513300/2629362?modelNumber=417.98076700&fromRepairHelp=True&ss=a8b6d939629#repairHelpVideoTabsAnchor

The drum bearing supports the rear of the dryer drum. Over time, this bearing wears out. If the drum bearing is worn out, it might put too much strain on the motor, causing the dryer to stop mid-cycle. To determine if the drum bearing is at fault, remove the dryer belt and try turning the drum by hand. If the drum rotates freely, it is unlikely that the drum bearing is worn out. If the drum makes squealing or grinding sounds when turned and/or is hard to turn, check the drum bearing and replace it if necessary.

www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Kenmore-Dryer-Drum-Bearing/5303281153/1851?modelNumber=417.98076700&fromRepairHelp=True&ss=a8b6d939629

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Kenmore-Dryer-Drum-Bearing/131825900/774936?modelNumber=417.98076700&fromRepairHelp=True&ss=a8b6d939629

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Kenmore-Dryer-Drum-Bearing/131825900/774936?modelNumber=417.98076700&fromRepairHelp=True&ss=a8b6d939629#repairHelpVideoTabsAnchor

The drive motor turns the drum and the blower wheel to exhaust the air. If the dryer runs, stops for a while, and then starts again, this likely indicates that the motor is overheating, causing the dryer to shut off until the motor cools down. First, remove the belt from the motor and check the blower wheel to ensure that it is not obstructed. Next, with the belt removed, try rotating the drum by hand. If the drum does not rotate freely, determine what is causing the drum to bind. If the drum turns freely and the blower wheel is clear of obstructions, the drive motor might be defective. If you suspect the motor is at fault, replace it.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Kenmore-Dryer-Drive-Motor/131560100/407697?modelNumber=417.98076700&fromRepairHelp=True&ss=a8b6d939629

http://www.repairclinic.com/RepairHelp/RepairHelpVideoLayer?videoIdCSV=283&hpl=true

Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

If you found this information helpful please rate with 5 stars at the top and I am here to assist if you have any follow up questions at all. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me.

Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

I was wondering how its going?

travis webb
travis webb
travis webb