Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Model GSH25JFTA CC Ice maker makes ice but the cubes stick

Customer Question
Model GSH25JFTA CC Ice...
Model GSH25JFTA CC Ice maker makes ice but the cubes stick together - when I take out the groups of ice that are stuck together, it only makes crushed ice - I cannot get cubes when desired
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
9/15/2016
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago
travis webb

Hello and welcome to Just answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to try and assist you today. Give me a few moments while I locate your manual.

Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

A clogged water filter can restrict the flow of water to the dispenser and prevent the ice maker from working properly. The water filter should be replaced about every six months to maintain proper water flow and ensure water quality.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/GE-Refrigerator-Water-Filter/MWFP/3024481?modelNumber=GSH25JFTACC&fromRepairHelp=True&ss=a4b3d852297

The dispenser actuator interacts with the dispenser switches, which power the auger motor and other dispenser components. If the dispenser actuator is broken, it may not activate the switches properly or at all. Inspect the dispenser actuator—if it is broken, replace it.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/GE-Refrigerator-Dispenser-Actuator/WR17X10706/913457?modelNumber=GSH25JFTACC&fromRepairHelp=True&ss=a4b3d852297

The auger motor spins the auger blade and pushes the ice through the dispenser chute. If the auger motor is burned out or defective, the ice won’t move forward and fall through the chute. To determine if the auger motor is defective, pull out the ice bucket and turn the bucket auger by hand. If the auger turns freely, use a multimeter to test the auger motor for continuity. If the auger motor does not have continuity, or if the motor is getting power but won’t run, replace the auger motor.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/GE-Refrigerator-Auger-Motor/WR60X10258/1394066?modelNumber=GSH25JFTACC&fromRepairHelp=True&ss=a4b3d852297

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/GE-Refrigerator-Auger-Motor/WR60X10258/1394066?modelNumber=GSH25JFTACC&fromRepairHelp=True&ss=a4b3d852297#repairHelpVideoTabsAnchor

If the ice crusher blades are jammed by ice, use warm water to melt the ice. If the ice crusher blades are bent or broken, replace them.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/GE-Refrigerator-Ice-Crusher-Blade/WR17X2058/293403?modelNumber=GSH25JFTACC&fromRepairHelp=True&ss=a4b3d852297

One component of the ice maker assembly might be defective. Since many of the ice maker components are not sold separately, you may need to purchase and replace the entire ice maker assembly. Before replacing the ice maker assembly, check the water inlet valve, water line, and fan. If none of these parts are at fault, and the freezer temperature is at least 15 degrees Fahrenheit, replace the ice maker assembly.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/GE-Refrigerator-Ice-Maker-Assembly/WR30X10093/1399596?modelNumber=GSH25JFTACC&fromRepairHelp=True&ss=a4b3d852297

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/GE-Refrigerator-Ice-Maker-Assembly/WR30X10093/1399596?modelNumber=GSH25JFTACC&fromRepairHelp=True&ss=a4b3d852297#repairHelpVideoTabsAnchor

Here are some possible issues with your unit. You will need to check these parts out and see what is going on for us to properly diagnose what is going on in there. First thing first I would check the filter. They tend to be the most faulty most often.

If you find this information helpful please rate with 5 stars at the top if you still have follow up questions rating does not stop you from getting back to me. However please do not rate negatively because if these things do not apply to you we can look into other possibilities.

Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

I was wondering how its going?

travis webb
travis webb
travis webb