Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My Samsung side-by-side is not making ice, 5 yr RS265TDBP,

Customer Question
My Samsung side-by-side is not...
My Samsung side-by-side is not making ice
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 5 yr RS265TDBP
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If its something I can do
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
9/15/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 year ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Probably the best thing to do is determine if the icemaker isn't cycling and calling for water, or if water isn't actually making it to the refrigerator. You can just fill up the icemaker with a cup of water (usually using a turkey baster since it's a tight area) and wait 24 hours to see if it cycles and dumps the ice. If it doesn't cycle, replace the icemaker because it's just bad. If it cycles but doesn't fill up with water, check the fill tube behind the icemaker and if it's frozen solid, use a hair dryer and thaw it out. If it's not frozen, you'll need to replace the electronic water valve on the back of the refrigerator where your water supply line from your house connects to your refrigerator itself. Below is a link to the icemaker and valve if you need it.

CLICK HERE for icemaker

CLICK HERE for valve

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok

Good luck!

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc