Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Water inlet tube on icemaker freezes, GSS25JFPDCC (about 10

Customer Question

water inlet tube on icemaker freezes
JA: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: GSS25JFPDCC (about 10 years old)
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If the fill tube freezes, it will freeze for 1 of 3 reasons. First, check the temperature inside the freezer. If it's below 0ºF raise the temperature to 0. Another reason the fill tube freezes is due to the water pressure to the refrigerator being poor or the filter needing to be replaced. Put a glass in the water dispenser and see if water pours out at a reasonable rate still. If not, then replace the filter inside the refrigerator and if the water flow is still limited then you have bad water pressure to your refrigerator from your house and if you have a saddle valve on your house supplying water to the refrigerator it may be time to replace it. The last possibility to cause a frozen fill tube is if the electronic water valve isn't sealing up properly so water is dripping through the fill tube slowly and freezing up when it's not supposed to be filling. The electronic water valve on the back of the refrigerator down below by the compressor will need to be replaced to resolve that issue so below is a link to the valve if you need it.

CLICK HERE for valve

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?