Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

The latch of our Jenn Air 27" electric oven doesn't go all

Customer Question
Hi, The latch of our...
Hi, The latch of our Jenn Air 27" electric oven doesn't go all the way from left to right
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Jenn-Air is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: it is from the previous owner. let me get the model number, one sec, please
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: maybe
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: it was manufactured in 2008 model is jmc8127dds
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
9/13/2016
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The model you posted is a microwave oven. Can you double check the number from the oven, please?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You are right. That is microwave. Our unit has the microwave on top and the oven on the bottom. The oven doesn't show the model number. The unit is called Jenn-Air 27" Electric Wall Oven
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is the latch of the oven that we are having an issue with

The tag is probably at the bottom of the oven opening, partially obscured by the door.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Let me check again

Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok, got it. Thanks. it is jmw8527das

Thank you so much! Sorry for the hassle, it is just so important to get you the correct information!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Understood. Thank you

Does it have a mechanical latch for self cleaning? That model uses a motorized latch, number 9 in the diagram at the link below.

CLICK HERE

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I believe it does as it has a self cleaning button to choose from.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What would be the next step?

So is the door not locking when you se4lect a self clean cycle or what exactly is happening?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The door doesn't close all the way up. That is when we notice the latch only moves (manually moving it from left to right) a little from left to right. I believe it has to go all the right in order to latch the oven door.

Ah, okay, that helps, thank you! If you open the door all the way, does it slope down instead of laying flat?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Holding the door close and pressing Self-cleaning won't proceed

If holding it closed does not allow it to latch, the latch assembly has issues. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it lays flat. I don't think there is a problem with the hinges.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
correct. Holding it closed doesn't latch. Thank you
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please also include replacement part if needed.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

1. Turn off power to unit.
2. Remove top oven door.
3. Remove screws securing middle trim piece between
oven doors.
4. Remove screws securing latch assembly or door light
switch to trim piece.
5. Disconnect and label wire terminals.
6. Remove latch assembly or door light switch from
chassis.
7. Reverse procedure to reassemble door latch assembly.

I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok. Thank you Kelly. We'll give that a shot.

Please know I will be here if you have questions once you get started, thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sure. Have a great day.

Thank you!

Kelly, Appliance Technician