Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Problem similar to this one I read. Dryer doesn't dry

Customer Question

Problem similar to this one I read. Dryer doesn't dry clothes fully, drum turns, can hear the burner pop on. Checked the rear exhaust vent with hose off, no air flow, can't feel any obstruction manually. Vent hose clean, outside vent exhaust clear. Dryer gets heavy use, 7 year old dryer. Would this be a gas coil issue?
JA: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 7 years old, Maytag, MGDB400VQ0 is the model number.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Not exactly confident with gas appliances. Is this a difficult repair?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Described the issue as fully as I can.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So this is a very common issue for this model but it doesn't have anything to do with your gas coils. The key is that you feel no air coming out the back of the dryer when you remove the vent hose. This occurs because the blower wheel belt has fallen off. Now the belt could be broken and needs to be replaced, or possibly the pulley above the blower wheel fell off and needs to be re-installed with Loc-Tite so it doesn't fall off again. The blow belt is part number wp8544742. Below is a video on how to access and replace it.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?