John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a GE Nautilus dishwasher that has recently stopped

Customer Question

I have a GE Nautilus dishwasher that has recently stopped cleaning dishes. The soap dispenser door opens, but the detergent does not get used (or sprayed). I just ran it with the door open and the sprayer arm just barely flows a small amount of water out the top and does not spin. The model is GSD3230F00WW.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  AppTech8579 replied 10 months ago.

You need to remove the spray arm and clean all the tiny holes in it. Then let me know if this helps or not so we can go further.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Any advice on how you remove it? I don't see any screws and it doesn't want to easily turn.

Not your exact model but this will guide you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
This video is about the upper spray arm. I was referring to the lower spray arm when I noticed it wasn't shooting any water. Which one are you asking me to clean? Thanks!

Okay. I thought you said the top one, give me a moment.

On the back side of the spray arm hub there is a tab. You will need a flat head screw driver, take the screw driver and pry the tab back. Once the tab is pryed back, the spray arm will slide out with ease.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I broke the tabs off the hub... I got the sprayer off, but there is nothing to really clean. There are a couple large holes, but nothing is clogged. I took this pic. Water flows out of it, but not strong enough to actually lift the sprayer out of the base.

Do you have good pressure through the rest of your home?

The picture isnt showing.