Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a maytag electric range. The top burners and oven

Customer Question
stopped working, the oven light...
I have a maytag electric range. The top burners and oven stopped working, the oven light comes and the clock works. Can it be fixed ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
9/12/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 year ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If the unit won't heat on any setting and the cooktop won't heat but the display and lights work, the oven is only getting 110 volts instead of 220 volts for some reason. This is the only thing that would cause the stove to not heat on any element. You'll need to flip the breaker off for 60 seconds to start and see if the power will reset. If that doesn't work, then you need to pull the stove forward and remove the back access panel to test power between the 2 outside power wires where the power cord connects to the back of the oven. You should have 220 volts, if not then you know you have an issue with the outlet or the wires running through your house or the breaker itself. Now if you do have 220 volts to the back of the oven, follow the wires between the terminal block and the display board because there is a burnt or broken wire between them.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc