Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

My LG Direct Drive Washing Machine will not empty the Fabric

Customer Question

My LG Direct Drive Washing Machine will not empty the Fabric Softener from the dispenser.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: We believe we purchased it in 2008. The model number is *****
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Possibly if it is fairly simple.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Nope
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who will try to assist you today. Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your washing machine.

I recommend pulling out the dispenser drawer and thoroughly cleaning it as the first step in troubleshooting this problem. Restricted flow through this dispenser drawer could be causing your problem.

Pull the dispenser drawer out to its fully extended position. There is a release catch at the back of the drawer that will allow you to completely remove the dispenser. Activate this release and pull the dispenser completely out. Pull the inserts out of the dispenser and thoroughly wash the entire dispenser drawer. Replace the inserts.

Before replacing the drawer in the dispenser housing, unplug the washer and thoroughly clean the housing area. A buildup of residue in the housing can also inhibit water flow and may prevent soap/fabric softener from being thoroughly flushed from the dispenser. After cleaning the dispenser housing, replace the dispenser drawer. Test the dispenser to see if it is working properly.

If you are still having problems, turn off the water supply faucets and check the screens that are on the back of the washer where the inlet water hoses connect to the unit. Debris or sand can inhibit water flow and could prevent detergent/ fabric softener from dispensing properly. If you have to pull these screens out and clean them, be careful when putting them back in place. If debris or sand gets past these screens, it can corrupt the inlet water valves and cause them to fail or leak. Unplug the washer and flush or rinse this area thoroughly with water before replacing the screens. While the water supply hoses are disconnected from the washer, place the ends of the hoses in a bucket and turn on the water supply faucets briefly to check the water flow from the hoses. Make sure that water flow is normal from the hoses. Reconnect the hoses and test the washer.

If you are still having problems with dispensing soap/ fabric softener after conducting the troubleshooting described above, you could have a restriction in the hose from the dispenser to the tub or you could have a problem with the inlet solenoid valves. A serious restriction in water flow through the dispenser and into the washer normally results in a fault code on the display.

I was just wondering if you had found my information helpful with your unit. If not please do let me know and we can check into something else.

I was wondering if you had a chance to go over the information I sent you a couple days ago?