Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I have an Amana ARB2117AB/PARB2117AB1 fridge and I can not

Customer Question

I have an Amana ARB2117AB/PARB2117AB1 fridge and I can not figure out how to tighten either the freezer or fridge handles - both are loose
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Amana is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: About 13 years old and that is the model ARB2117AB (PARB2117AB1). It has a cus***** ***** cabinet front which I think Amana made
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I can send a pic if that helps
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to try and assist you today. Give me a moment to find your manual.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Alright but nothing in the manual

door handle looks like 3 screws to tighten.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
That must be the wrong handle - mine only has two - it is loose so I can see them

Well this is the correct model number and diagrams on the service manual for the numbers you gave me. I can check in another place. Were you able to tighten them?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
This model is a custom model the Amana makes - I'm guessing you won't be able to help me. I have taken the door off before and can not find anyway to tighten them.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks but it doesn't show my handle

Well i certainly did give it a shot. Are they just regular screws? Are they not tightening with a screwdriver?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Can't access the back of them to see.

Well since its custom made means I will be unable to locate a diagram to help assist you with it. May I suggest calling where you purchased it from or Amana themselves they would be able to tell you how to do it for sure.

Please do not rate negatively based on this information sadly sometimes in cases like these its just not possible for us to find the correct diagrams with customer made things. I hope this information is helpful.