Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Not sure ..... I understand ...I have 88 -88 88 on the right

Customer Question
side of display blinks at...
not sure ..... I understand ...I have 88 -88 88 on the right side of display blinks at top and lower right of the same 88 which means ice maker ----I order a new ice maker and when I received it and removed old one ...it was the wrong parts so I re installed old one till I get the right part and then I got 88-88 on the display , Pulled plug for 5 minutes and re installed and still have 1 and 5 position on 88 to the right flashing
JA: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Samsung side by side model rsg257aa/xaa --- 6/7yrs
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: depends on degree of difficulty and what u recommend ,,, I can replace ice maker with no problem
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i have no other information on display but 88-88 .....no water ...ice crush cubed anr other display info only 88-88 with 88 on right showing flashing at 1 and 5 position
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
9/9/2016
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago
travis webb

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who will assist you today. So you said that they sent you the wrong ice maker kid assembly? Are you wanting to order the correct one?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a display that shows two 88-88 on my Samsung refrig -----they are boxed 88's ...the one on the left is a boxed 88 while the one on the right is broken ....top line is 1 and lower left known as 5 postion is broken both deal with ice maker ....u need to access Samsung fault codes'
How do I satisfy those codes
r u still here
where is u reply ???
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
r u going to reply to my question above
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

I am still here sorry I was dealing with another customer. I have your manual let me see what we need to do to access fault codes for your unit.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thx
I have no other info on my display but these ....no frig/freezer temp ice water etc
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

Ok so have you tried resetting the ice maker to see if the code goes away. Was your ice maker giving you any problems before that made you think that it needed replaced?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ice maker was a problem =====it would make ice but would not eject it as I believe that the gear that ejects it was broken as it would make noise like it wanted to eject but it wouldn't ---order a new one but it would not work ,,,,I found that out when I took old one out ...so I need to order the correct part (did not buy it thru u). so I went ahead and re installed old one and I waited the 5 minutes as required by manual before plugging back in and all I get is these codes that I have already told u about
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
both refer to ice maker
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I tried to reset ice maker
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
why doesnt u reply appear here ....I have to go to email to get it
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

I am not sure why your not getting the replies here. I know all of your just came in at once.

Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

Ok so since you the codes that you do the codes are not going to go away until the new unit is placed in. Have you ordered the parts already. I mean you can try and reset it y holding the ice off button for 3 seconds and see if it will take the codes away but more than likely they are not going to go away until the new ice maker is put in.

Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

You can also try hitting the energy saver and lighting button to see if that will reset it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
while I respect ur opinion .....I disagree with it and here is why I say that ......the ice maker was not working for two weeks or so and I had all the codes ...so it was non functioning then .....I had the power off it and and pulled the old and the re installed the old so it didn't know the diff
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

What I am saying is that since you have not replaced it is the reason you still have the codes.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have tried all the buttons on refrig prior to contacting u .....all displays were working with the ice maker not working ......I then shut power took out ice maker and then re installed old ice maker ( butting it in same position ) and then problem occurred
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I had power on from removal of old and install of old ....so condition of refrig was the same ....hope u get what I mean
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
power OFF
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

I do understand what you mean. Did you try using the reset of energy saver and lighting button to see if that resets the code?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have tried all of this prior to contacting u
if all codes were working and ice maker didn't work nd then I shut power off and pulled old and reinstalled old prior to re power codes should work
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
can u help me with this
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

Ok I am going to opt out and see if anyone else has any information on this. Please wait for someone else to contact you. sorry I was unable to be of help.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
when will I hear SOMETHING
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

I see that nobody else has picked this question up and I have not forgot about you. I have been looking all day trying to find out what could possibly be wrong with your unit. So far I have came up with the code you are experiencing means that it is in demo mode. I am not sure if you are still having problems with it or not but I did at least want to tell you what I had found.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Still having problem...will continue to research my problem ...thx for reply
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

I haven't forgot about you and have been researching myself. Your welcome for the reply. Did you try calling Samsung themselves to see what they had to say?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not yet...busy today
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

I have also read that if you press the ice type and filter reset and hold for 10 seconds it may reset it.

travis webb
travis webb
travis webb