Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My whirlpool dishwasher WDF760SADB0 will not drain. I have

Customer Question
cleaned the filter in the...
my whirlpool dishwasher WDF760SADB0 will not drain. I have cleaned the filter in the tub and then tried the drain command (holding the proceed arrow for 3+ seconds). It did not drain. I just noticed water on the floor. I don't think that it is water getting out when I open the door.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
9/9/2016
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer give me just a moment to be able to pull up your manual to help you.

I am extremely sorry about your wait my computer did a self update which locked me out of all of my manuals until it was finished if you are still around I have some information for you.

The drain pump uses an impeller to force water through the drain hose. If the drain pump motor is not working, the dishwasher won’t drain. To determine if the drain pump is defective, check the pump motor for continuity using a multimeter. If the motor does not have continuity, or if is getting power but won’t run, replace the drain pump. Drain pumps are not repairable—if the drain pump is defective, you must replace it.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Whirlpool-Dishwasher-Drain-Pump/WPW10348269/2813258?modelNumber=WDF760SADB0&fromRepairHelp=True&ss=a9b5d1931731

The motor drives an impeller to force water out of the drain hose. If the motor runs during the drain cycle, check for a blockage in the drain line. If the motor won't run during the drain cycle or if it just hums when it should be running, the pump and motor assembly might need to be replaced.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Whirlpool-Dishwasher-Pump-And-Motor-Assembly/WPW10671942/4449143?modelNumber=WDF760SADB0&fromRepairHelp=True&ss=a9b5d1931731

If the garbage disposer was installed recently, the drain plug may not have been removed. All garbage disposers are sold with a solid plug in the drain tube. If the dishwasher is not connected to the garbage disposer, the plug must remain in the drain tube. However, if the dishwasher is connected to the garbage disposer, the plug must be removed. If the garbage disposer wasn't replaced recently, it is possible that the disposer is clogged. Remove the dishwasher drain hose from the disposer and clean out both the fitting on the disposer and the end of the drain hose. These are the most common places to find an obstruction if the dishwasher won't drain.

The drain hose might be clogged. To unclog the drain hose, remove the drain hose from both the dishwasher and the sink drain and clean it out. The drain hose is most commonly clogged near the garbage disposer or dishwasher drain branch tailpiece.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Whirlpool-Dishwasher-Drain-Hose/8269144A/1489097?modelNumber=WDF760SADB0&fromRepairHelp=True&ss=a9b5d1931731

here is a longer drain hose if needed

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Whirlpool-Dishwasher-Drain-Hose/3385556/4433403?modelNumber=WDF760SADB0&fromRepairHelp=True&ss=a9b5d1931731

In the event it turns out to be your drain hose I was also able to locate a video on how to install that part.

http://www.repairclinic.com/RepairHelp/RepairHelpVideoLayer?videoIdCSV=1282&hpl=true

I hope you have found my information helpful and if you have please rate with 5 stars at the top. If you have any follow up questions at all I am here to assist.

Please do let me know if you have found my information helpful and provide the 5 star rating at the top. Thank you for your time.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
While I was waiting for a response, I found a website where they sell appliance parts that had the same information with video clips to show how to do each step.

Well I apologize that you did not find my information helpful I could have given you the links to videos as well. I will have this question closed for you since you don't feel my advice was helpful. Thank you for choosing just answer.

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician