Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I unplugged my GE fridge to clean massive dust off the motor

Customer Question

I unplugged my GE fridge to clean massive dust off the motor and when I plug it back in-- nothing. No power. Did I break it?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's about 15 years old. I have the manual but it does not list the model number. Where would I find that?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: There was no work--it had been leaking and it was clogged with dust so I cleaned off the dust.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Just what could be preventing it from starting back up again. Do I have to wait a certain amount of time? The outlest is working GHow much does this cost?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

Check the outlet and try a different one and then I would follower where the cored connects to the unit maybe the molex plug came undone as you would have been working right there.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WHAT???? That is all you have to say? YOu have NOT helped me. CHECK the plug?????? I did. Do you have any other advice?