Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Ice is melting and then refreezing in the ice maker. I have

Customer Question
ice is melting and then...
ice is melting and then refreezing in the ice maker. I have dumped the ice container many times, we have opened and closed the ice maker. we have verified the temperatures and everything else Samsung suggested.
what now?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
9/8/2016
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago
travis webb

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who will try to assit you today. You said you checked the temp. What was the temp you had because if your unit is above 10 degrees Fahrenheit (-12C), the ice maker will not produce ice cubes efficiently. The freezer temperature should be set between 0 and 5 degrees Fahrenheit (-18 to -15C) for the ice maker to work properly. If the freezer temperature is too high, ensure that the condenser coils are clear of debris and the condenser fan is working properly. In addition, check to see if frost has accumulated on the evaporator coils. If the evaporator coils are frosted over, part of the defrost system has likely failed.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Don't why how the freezer temp controls the ice maker in the refrigerator, but the freezer temp is -4 deg F.
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

Ok so next what will need to be checked is the water filter. A clogged water filter can restrict the flow of water to the dispenser and prevent the ice maker from working properly. The water filter should be replaced about every six months to maintain proper water flow and ensure water quality.

John, Home Appliance Technician