Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I believe that I need to defrost a frozen line to my ice…

Customer Question
Hello I believe that...

Hello I believe that I need to defrost a frozen line to my ice maker. I have a viking D3 refrigerator which has a bottom mount freezer. Where is the fill line?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Viking is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is about 4 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes I would like to. I'm pretty sure it is a frozen line.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No that's about it.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have had this issue before. A tech came out and determined It was caused by debris on the bottom behind the toe plate. I did vacuum as it was pretty much caught up with a bunch of dust. He also defrosted the fill line. I can't remember where that is.
9/5/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 1 year ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Is water freezing in the bottom?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is a bottom mount freezer and the ice machine is located there. As well there is a loud knocking that is occurring.
Thank you

The icemaker fill line comes in behind the icemaker you need to take the icemaker down to get at it. The loud knocking I am not sure it depends on where it is coming from