RJ
RJ, Appliance Tech.
Experience:  Norcold, Dometic, Atwood, Suburban repairs
3862310

My fridge went out and I have no power to the control panel,

Customer Question

my fridge went out and I have no power to the control panel, I have a Norco 1200 lrim model I tried resetting outside with a magnet and the red light resets for a minute then comes back on with a clicking sound is made in the unit
JA: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: no no I have not tried that
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have tried letting it cool down
Category: Appliance
Expert:  RJ replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

When you tried to do the reset was the fridge running up to that point?

Robert

Expert:  RJ replied 1 year ago.

OK

I just see where you have tried letting it cool down. Make sure you have over 12 volts at the back of the fridge, what you can do for testing ONLY is bypass the sensor and see if the fridge comes on if so you have a faulty sensor, you should have a blue wire and red wire at the sensor and if you remove them and tie them together the fridge should come on, you can NOT leave them bypassed as it is a safety feature for the fridge......

Hope this helps, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

Expert:  RJ replied 1 year ago.

HI.... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me....

Robert