Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My Whirlpool fridge is making little ice - don't know if it

Customer Question

My Whirlpool fridge is making little ice - don't know if it has to do with the filter not having been changed for some time. Still able to get water from door feature - pressure is good.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
WRS526SIAH00
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

How long has it been since the filter was replaced?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
A while - a few months perhaps
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

So it is probably not filter related if the door pressure is good. I suspect the water inlet valve is not opening all the way. If it was blocked, it would not fill at all. If filter related, the door pressure would be low. So, I would recommend replacing the inlet valve. Are you wanting to do this yourself?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No. Where would the valve be located?
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

The valve is mounted in the back of the cabinet, behind the cover at the bottom.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!