Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My GE Cafe Microwave is not working... the touch area does

Customer Question

My GE Cafe Microwave is not working . . . the touch area does not activate when I touch. The clock is not working either. It just quit.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: model# ***** . . . It's about 7 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't know what else there is, so, not for now
Category: Appliance
Expert:  AppTech8579 replied 11 months ago.

Are there any beeps when you press a button?

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 11 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

This is a super common failure on that unit the interface is bad, they sell it only complete with control board glass interface and everything. These all seem to fail on that unit, the bad news is the cost of the part. Here is a link to it. Most customers opt for new unit.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I cleaned the plastic cover and I get beeps now

Yes you will still need that board I linked you above.

Will the unit respond at all?

When the unit will only beep and not respond to commands you will need that board.