Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

We have an old GE Potscrubber 900 dishwasher (model #GSD

Customer Question

We have an old GE Potscrubber 900 dishwasher (model #GSD 900D-02) that has been fine for over 20 years. One day, it just didn't turn on. When the dial is turned to "on," there is a click indicating it's moved from "off" to "on," then nothing. No motor noise or grinding or humming or anything. We've checked the circuit breaker, and it has not been tripped. So it doesn't look like a power issue, unless it's within the dishwasher's electronics. I suppose it could also be a problem with the switch (round on/off dial). Can you help us troubleshoot this? Thanks for any light you can shed.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 11 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

Check the door switch to see if it is working correctly. If it is then you very likely have a timer issue and the timer would be defective. There is a chance that a wire could be broken to the timer. That would be difficult to find and trouble shoot, but I would start at the door switch and go from there.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!