Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a DACOR MCS130S built-in oven. I am having problems

Customer Question

I have a DACOR MCS130S built-in oven. I am having problems with the "Bake" element heating (no heat to element). The "Broil" and other functions are fine. The oven will not reach the set/desired temperature. The lower, baking heating element has been r&R'd and tested for continuity. It is OK. The "Temp Limit" Switch is "in" and appears OK too. I think I have an Electronic Board problem; and I think the board number is #62964. That board is no longer available. Have I diagnosed the problem correctly. Should I try anything else? Any suggestions on whether the board should be repaired (rather than new)? Who should do that board repair ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

If the element is good and the broil works, the issue is with the relay board, not the 62694 display board. Check the wiring between the board and the element and replace the board if wiring is okay. That board is available below.

CLICK HERE

I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kelly, all indications are the problem is with the PCB based on the research I have done; but of course I am not the expert. You indicate "The issue IS with the relay board." I am sending all (PCB, relay board and touch-pad) off for analysis. If you are in fact correct, I will rate your service as excellent! And, if I were to purchase the relay board from your link, and it is not the problem, can it be returned for a refund? Thanks.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Yes, they allow returns on any part for a year no matter what! They have the best return policy ever! :-)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kelly, The panels and wiring have been shipped for analysis and inspection. When the analysis is complete, and the problem ID'd I will rate your service. If it is the relay board ; which was your diagnosis, I will rate the service as excellent! Please be assured I will provide the rating after I receive information about the board(s). Thanks, Nick
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Sorry if you got an automated message, I have no control over those. They are timed and sent automatically.