Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience:  30 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC Technician License
71008832

Electrolux EI23BC56I trips ground fault. This only happens

Customer Question

Electrolux EI23BC56I trips ground fault. This only happens when the red and black wires are connected to the compressor, this is not mains power
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Wayne Roberts replied 1 year ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I would love to try to help. What size breaker is this appliance on, and is it shared with any other loads?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Wayne
There are no other loads on the system. The breaker does not trip, it is an outl;et in the garage that is GFI protected. The GFI trips.
Regards,
Tom
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) Plug the fridge into an extension cord and plug it into another GFCI receptacle in the home. Try either a kitchen or a bathroom GFCI receptacle. Does that GFCI also trip?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am replacing the inverter for the compressor and hope that will solve the problem, should know more by Saturday
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

OK, very good. Let me know how you make out.

Thanks...............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks...............Kevin:)