Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My frigidaire freezer, has a deluxe electronic control

Customer Question

My frigidaire freezer, has a deluxe electronic control board. The manual says to refer to the electronic guide that came with it but there is not one. Our power went out today for about 6 hours. The display is rolling OFF AND LO. I have held the ALARM RESET key but the control panel doesn't beep. I think it is stuck on Lock and won't unlock. I've unplugged etc. Don't know what else to do.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Frigidaire Upright Freezer Model LFFH17F7H2H with Deluxe electronic control guide. Maybe 3 yrs old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I dont think so
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Press and hold the last button on the right for 3 seconds. Does the control unlock?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Great!

I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is still saying off
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Press the up arrow, it should toggle on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nope. Still says off
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Can you unplug it again for 1 minute, please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unplugged
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you! It should reset and start when plugged back in. If not, please let me know. There is another trick we can try.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The number 1 came up then it started saying off again
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Okay, let's try this.....

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Press and hold the up and down arrows for 3 seconds. Does E5 come up on the display?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nope. Still just saying off
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Okay, one more thing we can try. This is out last hope....

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Press and hold the last key on the right until the control locks. Then, press and hold both arrows again.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The control should start toggling through various steps, just let it go and see what comes up on the display, please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wow it did a lot. E5 came up then CP came up then 12 hrs came up. Now it's saying off again
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Okay, will it turn on if you press the up arrow?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I heard compressor come on but it went off
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

It will not toggle on and start now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No sir
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I believe that control has failed and will need to be replaced. That last procedure was a hard reset of the electronics and was unsuccessful.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went back through the hard reset again. Display goes through this:
8
Display lights up
Door Ajar. Power Loss
Hi Temp Duration
1
5F
04
4
dc
--
Then display goes black a sec
Then display reads
12 hrs
E1
Then starts saying off again
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

If it is not toggling back on, the control is faulty.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Sorry I have no better news.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I kept going over all our correspondence and realized that you kept telling me to press the up arrow after doing the hard reset etc which actually was telling the control to increase temperature and defrost. I went through everything again then pressed the down error which read 63 degrees upon pressing. The compressor came on and stayed on. I continued pressing down key to -1. I got up this morning and all is working great. It is now -10. I'm glad I didn't order the part you suggested or buy a new freezer yesterday (which I almost did) due to power failure and to keep from losing all or frozen food because of hurricane Hermine. However your help did get my technical wheels turning therefore I finally figured it out. But please make sure you get your up and down arrows straight in the future. I don't think I should have to pay your full fee but am willing to meet you half way.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I totally understand and apologize for my goof. The manual for that specific control stated just as I told you, which is incorrect, but I take full responsibility for not catching that error myself. I appreciate the feedback and am very sorry for the trouble I caused.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your honesty.