Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a whirlpool glass top the left burns won't work, but

Customer Question

hello. I have a whirlpool glass top the left burns won't work, but the in use light comes on. If I turn o the right front or rear, or the warmer then both left ones work fine. model #wfe520c0as 0. Before this we heard a loud pop noise
Thank you
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Are you comfortable with some light-moderate disassembly to inspect the wiring at the switches and the elements? Something is shorted.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am, but I just had surgery my shoulder, so right now I onlt\y have 1 hand to use
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Yoou will need 2 arms because the top will need to be raised. I would wait until you have help or are better or you risk injuring yourself or breaking the glass top.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok will do It will be at least a few weeksThank you KellyWhat tools will I need?
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Just a Phillips screwdriver and possibly a 1/4" nut driver.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** as my shoulder is better I will contact you again.Thanks Bart
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Sounds good, thanks, Bart!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
My shoulder is ok to continue now
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

I believe the screws are either 1/4" hex head or maybe a Phillips head. Open the door and the screws are at the top of the oven opening, securing the top in the front. Once removed, the top should hinge up.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I took them ut and it lifts up. ready for the next step. I don't see any thing obvious...
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

NO shorted wires or anything? Can you post a picture of that area?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
thankes here is the pictures
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
picture sent
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Hmm, that all looks okay. Can you do the same with the switch area, looking for any sign of issues with the wiring?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
what do I need to do now?
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

If all looks good, you will need to do some testing with an electrical meter to determine where the fault lies. You may want to call for service at this point unless you are very familiar with electrical circuits and testing.