Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a frigidiare affinity dryer that has an E64 error

Customer Question
code How do I trouble...
I have a frigidiare affinity dryer that has an E64 error code How do I trouble shoot it to see if it is the element (which was replaced about three years ago) of one of the thermistors?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
8/31/2016
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Do you have a meter to perform any electrical testing with?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

Yes I have a multimeter

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

The model is a Frigidaire FASE7073LA0 and the serial number is ***** It was purchased on 1/15/2011

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

Thank you very much for the help

I am very happy to help. With four kids here, I know how a broken laundry machine affects the household! :)

Do you know how to get into the machine to test the heating element?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

Well I assume from watching the last service technician that was here that I have to remove the front of the machine and I believe that the heating element is under the drum. I haven't done it before so it will be something new but I think that with a little patience I can get into it.

My guess is that there will be two ends of the element attached to an electrical connection somewhere in there and I would have to test to see if the wire is broken by testing the continuity of the wire. Do I have to disconnect the wire from the lugs to test it?

You are absolutely correct. One wire should be removed for an accurate test, yes. The video at the link below shows how it is disassembled.

CLICK HERE

I suspect you will find the element open. Let me know what you find!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

OK, I may not be able to get back to you until tomorrow as it will take me a while to get everything disassembled but I will let you know when I get it apart.

Is installing a replacement very difficult and do I have to be aware of any concerns that I may come across or would it be best to discuss it after I test it?

It is very easy to install once you have access. That video shows you how and the exact element for your model is available below!

CLICK HERE

The only things to be careful of are the sharp metal edges and make sure all connections are tight!

Kelly, Appliance Technician