Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My Whirlpool washer won't start on any cycle. I don't see a

Customer Question
My Whirlpool washer won't start...
My Whirlpool washer won't start on any cycle.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I don't see a model tag anywhere on the machine. One the front, it says "duet Tumblefresh 4.4"
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, if I can. I have already done several things that didn't work.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have already pulled the water supply hoses and the water intake valve, cleaned them, and put them back.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
8/30/2016
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The model tag is behind the door around the opening where the clothes are loaded.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
wfw9450ww00

Thank you! What exactly happens when you attempt to start a cycle?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
On quick wash, it ran for a few minutes, not filling water, then it stopped at 15 minutes. Try again and nothing happened when pressing start...just three beeps.

Is the display not working, just three beeps? Or, is the display working but the cycle not starting?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The display is working.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When i press the start button, three beeps and the cycle doesn't start. It is not throwing an error code.

Okay, if you open the door and look just above the square part of the door lock, you will see a plastic plunger. Does that appear to be intact and go in and out when pushed?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the plunger feels good and strong.

Can you unplug the machine for at least 15 minutes, please?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sure can. And then?

Plug it back in and see if it will start, just post back and let me know. Unplugging it will allow the electronics to reset.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK. I have unplugged the machine. Will let you know what happens.

Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK. I plugged the machine back in. With the cycle set to quick wash, the timer display set to 18 min. I pressed the start control and the door locked and the tub turned a few times and stopped. Then the machine started to hum, like it was either trying to pump water out or in. However, no water was coming into the tub. It continues until the end of 15 min and the machine stopped, the timer indicator started blinking, the door lock disengaged and the machine stopped. It is just sitting there with all the lights on.

Excellent, that is very helpful. Please, do not be offended, I have to ask. The water is turned on at the valves from your home, correct? Also, are you using "Flood Safe" hoses that are popular now?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
sir, both the hot and cold water valves are in the ON position. Earlier, I removed the hoses and tested the water valves into a bucket. They both blasted water with good pressure. The hot water hose is a floodsafe hose but the cold water hose is not.

Okay, so it sounds like the inlet valve has failed. Does the humming sound come from the top of the machine, by the hoses?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yeah, this is the conclusion I had. I pulled the inlet valve and cleaned it but apparently, it didn't do any good.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok. I installed a new water inlet valve. Did not solve the problem.

Still humming but not filling?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I just found the diagnostics manual inside the washer. It is now running the diagnostics cycle and is currently in C08.

Did it fill in diagnostics?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it did. I ran it a second time and it failed on C01, F22, door lock failure.

Will it start a cycle now?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
here is what happened: (1) ran the diog test again and it was stuck in C00 for 5 minutes. (2) i opened the door and pressed the door switch in and out and I could hear something clicking in the back of the machine. (3) i closed the door. (4) it locked. (5) continued through the remainder of the diog cycle successfully.

Okay, so will it start a new cycle now?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No, it won't. When starting a new cycle, the door locks, the tub spun a few times, stopped and the timer display started flashing. Door remains locked.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do i determine if this is switch? Or CCU?

It is probably the door switch but there really is no way to diagnose with 100% certainty with the erratic operation.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
can the switch be replaced? Or is it an entire switch assembly?

CLICK HERE

Kelly, Appliance Technician