Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Samsung refrigerator RF263AEBP has no power to unit.

Customer Question

Samsung refrigerator RF263AEBP has no power to unit. Confirmed breakers and receptacle are working properly. Unable to reset to get fault code. Unit ~5yrs old. Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

If you have no lights or anything confirm you have power to the outlet if so check the fuse on the power control board and see if it is blown, if it is or even if it is not you will likely need to replace it. That is located behind the unit behind the access cover on the back of the unit.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Breaker is okay and power to outlet confirmed (have also plugged unit into a different outlet with no improvement). No lights no nothing. Have pulled fuse from back of fridge on main motherboard . They looked good but motherboard was hot to the touch. Dealing with construction worker (carpenter) with experience in wiring.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Darn site keeps trying to upgrade service for unlimited problems; do not need anything but advice on this problem. My food has been unrefrigerated for 24 hrs. Did you get my response?

Yes the board is likely fried you may need both boards

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Any way of testing board first to know it's bad? Can one be good and the other bad? So far I don't know more than what I had already assessed. Trying to avoid spending $150 each board and unit still doesn't work. Fridge and freezer were working fine before it just quit.

Check the backside of the small board and see what it looks like That is the one that powers the other board.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Both boards look fine front and back - should they look burnt? Only the small one smells hot.

Is the light on on either board?

Hi there,

I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied thank you.