How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Your Own Question
John, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 13453
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
John is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a whirlpool acubake gas range model # WFG374LVB1 ser#

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool acubake gas range model # WFG374LVB1 ser# ***** The spark module burned out and I replaced it with part #WPW10331686. Everything lit fine, burners,bake,and broiler however new spark module smelled hot and ceramic resistors on the board were very hot in the same place where the resistors on the old board burned. I unplugged the stove, waited for everything to cool down, plugged it in again and the resistors on the spark module immediately got very hot without operating any of the burners. So I unplugged it again. I am pretty sure if I leave it plugged in the new spark module will also burn out. What's going on and how do I fix it?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.


It sounds like you have a short, have you checked the wiring for any short or does it start to get hot right away?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It gets hot as soon as the stove is plugged in. No apparent shorts in the wireing.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.