Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Samsung DV45h dryer less than a year old. It's

Customer Question
stuck on permanent press dry...
I have a Samsung DV45h dryer less than a year old. It's stuck on permanent press dry. Dial will not turn-stuck on Permanent Press. I've pulled the plug to disconnect power. When I press power button on and off, it still comes up stuck on permanent press. Bell rings when I try to rotate dial.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?
Customer: DV45H6300. Gas dryer.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If its easy
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
8/27/2016
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Does it start on the PP cycle, even though no other cycle may be chosen?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no

How long did you leave it unplugged for?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2-3 minutes

It will take longer than that to reset the control. Can you unplug for at least 30 minutes and see if the behavior changes, please? Let me know what happens after plugging it back in, please.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Plugged it back in. Same results. Stuck on PP, will not start

The control is faulty and will need to be replaced. It is for certain less than a year old?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
also bought an extension plan from lowes

Okay, so it is covered under warranty, so that is good! If you contact Samsung, they will get you up and running at no cost. Please know I am here should you have any additional questions!

1-***-***-****
(1-800-SAMSUNG)

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks

It is my pleasure, thank you so much!

Kelly, Appliance Technician