AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 15 years
76126576

I have a Maytag dishwasher, Model MBDB880AWQ, Serial

Customer Question

I have a Maytag dishwasher, Model MBDB880AWQ, Serial 27468329AG. The 3 sec button is red. If I press it, it blinks several times and goes back to steady read. I cannot get any of the other buttons to work.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I guess it is 13 years old. Model MBDB880AWQ, Serial 27468329AG, Motor 5.5A, 120 V, 60 HZ, E39927 LR111720.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I don't know
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: Appliance
Expert:  AppTech8579 replied 1 year ago.

Hold in the control lock button that is flashing, and the heated dry button at the same time for 5 seconds, and see if that takes the control lock light off. If your dishwasher does not have a heated dry button, then hold in the No Heat dry button, and the control lock button that is blinking at the same time for 5 seconds and see if that clears the light. If that does not work, then kill the power to the dishwasher for about 5 minutes, and then turn the power back on, and then open and close the dishwasher door, and try to start a wash. If that does not do it, then you need a new touch pad.

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 3 star is how I receive credit for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated.