Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Maytag frig, model MTB2154ARW (no ice maker/water

Customer Question
dispenser) that periodically drips water...
I have a Maytag frig, model MTB2154ARW (no ice maker/water dispenser) that periodically drips water onto the floor from under the unit. I've removed the back, vacuumed out the debris, and see there's a water evaporation tray under the unit. I suspect it has been overflowing, though it does not appear to contain much water. What's the fix?
Thank you.
Don
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
8/23/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 year ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

You'll want to clean out the drain line going down to the tray to start. To do this blow compressed air up through the drain hose above the drip tray. If it's frozen oven and air won't pass up through the hose, then you need to remove the back panel inside the freezer and thaw the ice out and then blow up through the drain hole or blow down. Other than that, clean out the drain tray below the refrigerator and that would take care of any defrost issue you might have in case there is a leak. Other than that if the water is coming from the door itself, make sure there is no water on the floor inside the refrigerator and soak it up with a paper towel if needed. If you find nothing and the dripping is coming from inside the door onto the floor, that isn't fixable other than replacing the entire door because it means the insulation is breaking down.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc