Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  32 yrs. experience servicing major appliances and HVAC equipment.
6636336

I am looking to replace a,whirlpool under cabinet microwave

Customer Question

I am looking to replace a,whirlpool under cabinet microwave model MH611OXBQ-6. The,depth is 14" and height 16", in white . Almost impossible to find now . Any advice?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 1996. Model Mh611oxbq-6
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Just the installation. We don't think the unit can be repaired . Grandson cooked mac and cheese with no water, small fire!
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Do you know of a 14" deep unit?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

There are no microwaves that are not counter top models that are that shallow, unfortunately. The closest is just a hair over 15" at the link below.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did not realize,it,was an extra $24 for a phone call . please disregard the return call. The technician was not able to locate what I am looking for!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The exact measurement of the unit to replace is 14" deep. Are you saying they just don't make that size anymore?
Expert:  Tom Goellner replied 1 year ago.

Any microwave made to be installed under the cabinet over the stove will work . I do it all the time ( replace older shallower ones with the new ones ) the manufacturers are aware how deep cabinets are , the mounting holes ARE set so that the mounting bolts are still inside the cabinet . The newer microwaves just stick kout a little further than the one you have now.