Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a maytag washer that my in laws had (they pasted

Customer Question

I have a maytag washer that my in laws had (they pasted away) , Every once in awhile when I go to use it I get od flashing and the washer wont work
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 5 yrs ?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if my husband knows the problem yes he will
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: it will not go to normal wasch
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your washer today. The error code you're getting means that the washer thinks the door is still open and not closed properly. Try to open and close the door again and if the issue continues, the door latch is just going bad and needs to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?