Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Durning a wash ,in the timer section the letters CE came up

Customer Question
and the washer stopped the...
durning a wash ,in the timer section the letters CE came up and the washer stopped the cycle. What does ce mean and what should I do.
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: kenmore elete about 10 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes if simple
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: never had a problem before
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/22/2016
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago
Joel Swenson

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

The CE error is a communication error between the control boards on the unit. There are some things you can try, access the control boards on the motor controller there is a P2 connector and ribbon cable runs from there to the machine control at p4 you can disconnect that ribbon cable and clean the contacts with an eraser. Also check for any other loose or broken wires between the controls. If you have a meter, you can check the p1 connector at the motor control for 120 volts, if there is no voltage at the p1 connector on the motor control then the machine control is bad. If there is voltage at the motor control then the motor control is bad.

*******************************************************************************

The only way I get credit for the time I spend helping you is if you rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top of your page 3 stars or higher. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer so I get credit and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. Thank you in advance.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and un-rated and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?

Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson