Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Kenmore elite bottom freezer refrigerator- model #

Customer Question

kenmore elite bottom freezer refrigerator- model # 596.77532603
the dispensing unit malfunctions.
beeping sound and the light starts flashing and automaticatically starts dispensing water in spurts. I have shut off the water but the beeping sound on the lock/ unlock button keeps happening and the light with come on and off.
does the motherboard for the dispenser needs to be changed.
arvind
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The main control on the back of the cabinet is in need of replacement. It is easily replaced by removing the cover and simply unplugging the connectors. The new control will simply plug in and comes with programming instructions. The control for your model is available below.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already take the dispensing panel out and the control board does not look like the one you have provided.
I will send a picture of the control board.
That is very expensive and I would if they could ship to canada without more charges.
Or can I get that on Amazon online if you give me the right part number.
I disconnected the connection to stop the beeping sound for now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't think the control board you are suggesting will fit into the slot that is provided as shown in picture.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

That picture is just the dispenser board. You don't need that board. You need the control that is mounted on the back of the appliance, number 35 in the diagram at the link below.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How sure are you of this.
The dispenser is the only thing giving me a problem.
I do not want to replace the main controller only to find out that the dispensing control also needs to be changed.
I have to order the parts and test it but I do not want to spend more money than I have to.
thanks
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I am quite sure. The dispenser board is just a low voltage switching board. If you order at the link I sent, they allow returns for any reason for a year, even if installed, so that will ease your mind.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i finally got the main control board after 2 weeks of delay.
I installed it.
The dispenser is showing PE0000
how do I program this
i saw a you tube video about pressing door alarm and the freezer down button to program PE 1411
please guide.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

See the attached page for programming. The part should have had these instructions with it.

You deserve 5 star service! I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already tried those options before the contacted u.
The display indicates-PE0000
it is flashing and not responding to any button pressed
The part is from sears direct and it did not come with any instructions
Do I need to replace the dispensing control board or there is a way to override this
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I suspect the new board is faulty if it will not program. If you did not receive programming instructions, you probably got a refurbished board through the Sears rebuild center. How much was the board from them?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

If you purchased it for about $112, it is a refurb and is faulty. That is why I don't recommend Sears because you never know what you are getting.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
$324.83 Canadian dollars with tax
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hmm, they are only showing rebuilt ones available, see link below.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did discuss with them that the American site has it for that price-112 but she stated this comes directly from kenmore.
I may have to call them back and get a new part again