Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Whirlpool gi5fsaxvy02 not working. power is to the unit but

Customer Question

whirlpool gi5fsaxvy02 not working. power is to the unit but display not on, compressor not working. is there a reset?
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

There is no reset, the electronic control on the back of the cabinet, shown as number 35 in the diagram at the link below, will likely need to be replaced.

CLICK HERE

You can unplug the refrigerator for an hour or so to see if it will come back to life but I suspect it will not.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replaced the board. error code PE0 000 on display and compressor not working
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The board must be programmed, the instructions with the part will show you how to program it.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

See the attached page.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nothing happens when i press door alarm and -freezer when i plugged in frig the PE0 000 code came up. it looks like your instructions is supposed to make it happen
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

That is the programming guide for your exact model. It is not going into programming mode following those instructions?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no. when i plug the power cord in it goes to the programming mode. i cannot get out of the mode. the front panel is frozen
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

If you press the freezer + key does the display change?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
held for 20 secs and nothing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
inside lights come on and the fan for the ice maker is working
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Try the attached method. LL means lower left, UR is upper right, etc. Does that work?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i tried the sequences an your link,,,nothing.. only refrig +/- changes water/ice those are the only buttons that do anything.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

That was using the second set of instructions?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
neither instructions worked . front key pad not working except for the +/- on Refrig
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I will have to do some researching as some models use a different method that was mistakenly omitted on the tech sheet. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok,,,thx
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Are you keeping the freezer - key held down until the 3 seconds after releasing the door alarm pad?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hmm, I am not sure what is happening. I will continue to search for another instruction but will place your question back to the list in case another knows it right off.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ill try reinstalling the original board to see if i can go into service mode
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
could the control board i received from Repair Clinic be defective? is there a separate board on the front of the fridge and it is also faulty?