Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Dacor Model EF36BNDFSS /Freezer. This unit has a

Customer Question
I have a Dacor Model...
I have a Dacor Model EF36BNDFSS Reefer/Freezer. This unit has a cold water dispenser located inside the left Door, requiring the reefer to be opened in order to get the water dispensed. Since we have an R/O water system, we have bypassed the filter unit on the fridge. However, about once per year, the water treatment system kicks into a "stop" mode for maintenance after 500 gallons of water has been run through it. This is typical and happened last week. Usually, one of the first things we notice is that the cold water dispenser in the fridge stops giving water, and that tells me to go check the filter system downstairs, which i did, and had the service guy come as usual. What's strange this time is that while the water dispenser stopped working like usual, it will not restart like it always has before. i can hear the pump working and have ran diagnostics on the valve, but there's no water coming out at all. The ice maker returned to normal right away and is pumping out ice regularly. Is there a priming process that it might require this time for the water dispenser? Is there something i am missing that wasn't required before - or maybe we just got lucky before?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
8/21/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 1 year ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

You need to remove the water line from the unit and see if you have good water flow to the unit, if you do then either the valve has failed on the refrigerator or you could have an iced up water line possibly. I would start by check the water supply to the unit and make sure you actually have water there as you could have a supply issue from the RO system and then go from there. If you press the valve in it could take 30 secs to get water initially after the RO system issue, so you can try that as well.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician