Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a GE Profile gas stove that lights the burners on top

I have a GE Profile gas stove that lights the burners on top just fine but will not ignite in the oven baked or broil. What could be wrong causing the oven not to ignite?

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

• May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Model number jgb915sef3ss

Thank you! When you select the bake or broil setting, do you see the ingiters glow?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Yes

1. Okay, and did the bake and broil fail at the same time?
  2. Are you allowing at least 2 minutes for the flames to ignite?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

yes

If you are allowing 2 minutes and both bake and broil failed at the same time, the issue is with the gas valve. There is a little flip lever on the regu7lator part of the valve. Can you flip that lever the opposite way of what it is now and see if the oven will light, please? That flip lever is on the left side of the part pictures at the link below.

CLICK HERE