Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool refrigerator/freezer model GB2FHDXWQ04,

Customer Question
and the freezer has been...
I have a whirlpool refrigerator/freezer model GB2FHDXWQ04, and the freezer has been collecting frost for the past week. water was leaking on to the kitchen floor. This morning I removed all contents of the freezer, the collected ice that was on the floor of the freezer. is there a filter that I need to replace. I do not have the ice maker connected to the ice machine.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Call me at(###) ###-#### Cell number does not work at this location
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/20/2016
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago
Joel Swenson

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

every 8-12 hours your refrigerator goes into a defrost cycle to melt the ice off the evaporator coils, then the water goes down the defrost drain tube to the defrost pan under the fridge, if the tube gets stopped up it will cause the water to back up into the fridge. The drain will have to be cleaned out.

The drain is located behind the back freezer panel in the freezer under the evaporator coils you will need to remove the back panel and you will see a small hole under the evaporator that is where the water is suppose to drain, get a air hose if you have an air compressor or a turkey baster and hot water and blow the drain out until the water drains down the hole properly and it will be fixed, let me know if you have any questions.

*******************************************************************************

The only way I get credit for the time I spend helping you is if you rate the answer 3 stars or higher. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer so I get credit and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. Thank you in advance.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and un-rated and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?

Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson