Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Samsung DV218AEW/XAA and I am getting error code TS

Customer Question

I have a Samsung DV218AEW/XAA and I am getting error code TS on the display after it runs for 15 seconds or so. I have checked/cleaned the vents, the fan, changed the thermistor. That did not help so I changed the circuit board. Still the same error. Any idea what it may be?
JA: Have you checked for the code in the manual?
Customer: Yes
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I can think of
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 11 months ago.

You have to clear/reset the error codes once the part has been replaced otherwise it will just keep giving you the error. Follow the instructions below:

Here is how to get into service mode to clear the TS code:

• First, Enter Service Mode. Dryer must be on before Service Mode can be entered. Press Chime and Temperature Keys for 3 seconds, or until 3 beeps are heard. The machine will now be in Service Mode.
  • Next, access diagnostic codes by entering the Service Mode and pressing Wrinkle Prevent. A “d” will be displayed. Rotate the Cycle Selector Knob in either direction to step through the list of codes one code at a time.
  • Then, to clear the diagnostic code list press the Sensor Dry Level and Time keypads together for 3 seconds while viewing the list. The cycle count for each diagnostic code will be reset to 0, but not the machine cycle count.
  • Finally exit service mode by pressing the OFF key or repeat the Chime and Temperature sequence.

That should clear the error code and the dryer should run properly now.

*******************************************************************************

I hope you feel my efforts to help you in this matter have been adequate and deserve a rating. If so please rate the answer by clicking on the 3rd star or higher on the star rating system at the top of the page at this time so that I get credit for helping you today it will be greatly appreciated. There will be no extra charges for any follow up questions that may follow and I will still continue to help even after you have rated the answer, Thank You.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for the info but I am still having an issue. Perhaps you are looking at a slightly different model? I don't have a chime button. Temp plus Signal seems to get me to a diagnostic mode with a 0 on the screen. Wrinkle button does not bring up a D on the screen. Also if I changed the control board, how would it keep the old error codes?
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

That means the temperature sensor is reading shorted. You need to replace the sensor on the unit. To do that you need to remove the top the console and the front of the unit then you can get to the thermister sensor on the blower housing. Once you get to that you can change it out. Here is a video and the part number to change that out.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have changed the thermistor. That was the first thing I tried and it did not change anything--still had the error. Are you suggesting that both the old and replacement thermistors were faulty? Can I test these out of the circuit?

Check the wiring to the control board from the thermister if the wiring is good the control board is bad not reading the sensor right.