Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a duel fuel jenn air range. the over burner went out

Customer Question

I have a duel fuel jenn air range. the over burner went out and it apparently took the main clock electronics. I replace that and it appears to be working but neither the over or broil burner heat up
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Jenn-Air is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 11 year
JA: What are all the symptoms of the problem (error codes, flashing lights, etc.)?
Customer: It was like that at first, but after turning the power off for it fuel minutes the electronics seem to be working
JA: What happened just before this problem started? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: food landed on the oven burner and it burned out, I tried replaceing the burner twice and am now trying the electronics
JA: Anything else you want the appliance expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can't think of anything other than the new electronics is refurbished from ebay
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 12 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Can you get me the complete model number off the unit?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
S9860AAB
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
jds9860aab

OK if neither heat up check the power to the unit at the terminal block where the cord connects. You likely have lost one leg of the power to the unit and it is only operating on 120 volts instead of 240 volts.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I visually inspected and it all looks OK

You need to check it with a meter to confirm you have 240 volts. If you do and you have changed out the board you would either have two burned out elements bake and broil(unlikely) or a wire broken from the clock control to the elements. That is all that can cause that issue.