Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

The stove top and oven does not heat up at all. The control

Customer Question

The stove top and oven does not heat up at all. The control panel lights up. I can set clock , use other functions but the oven and stove top will not turn on.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.

What is the model of the appliance Angie please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ffes3015ls

Thank you Angie,

You mention that you can set the clock and use other functions.. what other functions are you referring to?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lock oven door, set timers, oven light works,.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The issue is likely that you have lost the L2 leg of the supply from your breaker box. That is very common and causes the symptoms you are seeing. Turn the breaker totally off and back on, even if it look s okay.

• Does it then heat? If not, can you access the cord to inspect its connections on the range?
  • Do you have a meter to perform any electrical testing with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank-you for the information. Rating 3
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry I meant to type 4 for your rating
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you!

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. Thank you so much!