Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

We are trying to install new oven part WB19X10006 for GE

Customer Question

Hi we are trying to install new oven part WB19X10006 for GE double oven and we are missing the schematic ...jumped on GES website but there's nothing out there...can you help?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Jkp27g001bg
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Oven is 36 years old
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

• The wiring information for your model is attached.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you but I don't understand the diagram...I have two white, two red and two orange wires coming in to the part from the oven ...I just need to know which colors correspond with the numbered terminals on the back of the new part
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The wiring in picture form is attached. Did you get that part with the timer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If we call each other is the $24 charge in addition to the $5 deposit and $23 charge?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

It is an additional charge, yes. I can mark the new clock for you, it will take a little bit to do so, though.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks-I see on the wiring instructions that they refer to the white wires attaching to terminal #5 but we also have two red, two orange and a red jumper wire and there is no reference to those at all and what terminal numbers they would attach to...
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

On the orange wires, do you see the markings O1 and O7? What are marked on the red wires?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are no markings or numbers like you mentioned ...can we send you a picture?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Yes, use the ADD FILE button.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
See attached
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One more picture
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The whites go to terminal 5 on the new clock.

The orange that is by the white goes to terminal 2.

The red that is by the white goes to terminal 1.

The other orange goes to terminal 4.

The other red goes to terminal 3.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

If your model has no self clean, remove the jumper as the directions show.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it does have a self clean...should we re-use the old red jumper wire on the new clock?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If so what terminal numbers?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

No, on the bottom, there is a little jumper on the clock. See that paper I sent you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you mean the white 2 wires that came on the clock is the jumper already
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The jumper is shown in place in the attached picture. It should look just like that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are all set- thank you!!!!
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you so much, nice job!

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there? We connected the wires exactly as instructed and no power to clock (we did test wires to make sure incoming power was working) ...any ideas??
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I am here. Did you test between the orange and white and red and white for 120 VAC?