Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Maytag washer door lock broke; can it be fixed?

Customer Question

maytag washer door lock broke; can it be fixed?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** I'm going to do everything in my power to answer your question to your full satisfaction!

Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.

hello yes the door lock can be replaced many are electrical and have a harness that plugs in to it if I can get a model number I can get you a price on the door lock itself

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
one moment model is mvwc200xw1
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.

if you can get the model number it sits around the door housing where it closes you can order it at www.repairclinic.com they ship overnight

Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.

great one second please

Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.

here you go it runs 39.95 at www.repairclinic.com

Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.

part number w10404050 please rate me high as that's how I get paid from the site thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its called a lid lock; I'm a senior citizen; is it something easy to replace?
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.

actually you will need a technician as the top panel of the machine and the panel behind the controls must be removed to access the harness to disconnect the wire harness and screws along the way

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do you know someone in my area zip 19141 that can install?
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.

I can find you an appliance company I don't know them but I'm sure they can take care of that for you

Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.

Robinson Appliance

1

***** Philadelphia, PA 19144(###) ###-####/p>
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.

there you go good luck

Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.

anything else I can help with

Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.

please rate me high as that's how I get paid from the site thanks

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

If the door lock broke you may just need the actuator tab which is an easy replacement not the door lock itself, would you like the part number for that and try to fix that? You can also try to hold the START button down for 3 secs to reset the unit. Try that first as that would be an easy push button repair before calling a tech out.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you; I'll give them a call first thing in the morning. I also have a problem with my old t.v.; I'll call back in the morning

No problem try to push the START BUTTON FOR 3 secs to reset it the you can call a tech out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to rate Ezekiel not appliance guru
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.

thank you very much I just don't know how to address that issue.

Hi there,

I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied thank you.