Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Barry...does this cost anything to ask questions?

Customer Question
Hi Barry...does this cost anything...
Hi Barry...does this cost anything to ask questions?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
8/17/2016
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

• So now, there is frost on the back wall of the refrigerator and no fan is running, is that correct?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the fan near the compressor is now not running but wondering if it shuts off sometimes
The fan inside the freezer is not running and we replaced the panel with a used one from an appliance store...still not running
Let me see if I can find the free question of what we did already
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a Samsung French door rf267ab...the fridge isn't cool but the freezer is fine. We bought a used panel with fans for the back of the fridge..fans do not work on either panel. The compressor is warm to the touch...fan in back is running beside compressor. The panel with computer boards haveno lights on...but we unplugged and reset and got an 88 on one side and an 8a or 8b on the other side...I forget...INside the fridge their is some ice buildup but not a lot now since it is ready 53 inside since the reset..
I believe it was reading 24 on the freezer side and 58 on the fridge side..now it is 2 on the freezer and 53 on the fridge..any ideas

Is the compressor running? If the compressor is running, the fan down there should be running.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The compressor is running but right now the fan near it is not
It was when I first started asking the questions...does it stop sometimes?

No, the fan should run when the compressor runs. Do you have a meter to test the fan to see if it is getting power? It sounds like the board you got may be faulty.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The compressor fan has been running up until a few minutes ago...maybe the compressor is not running at this moment...I will check it again...we are waiting to see if it comes back on
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Does the compressor make the fans inside the back of the freezer run also? Because they are not running
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The compressor was not running...give it a few...I will recheck and see if the fan comes back on

Yes, the interior fans should run when the compressor runs.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay so the compressor hasn't kicked back on yet but I know for a fact the fans inside the freezer are not running ever...the guy at the used appliance store didn't know if the panel with the fans even worked so we may have replaced with a dud...we wil check when the compressor starts up to see if the fans inside the freezer work as well but I am pretty sure they don't
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do you have any idea how long in between the compressor kicks on and off?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay the compressor kicked on and the fan beside it kicked on but the fans in the back of the freezer under the panel are not on

So neither fan inside turned on?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Periodically we have a water mess on the floor also that accumulates under the refrigerator under the long tray...this has been an ongoing problem..
no..no fans in the panel on the inside back of the freezer are on

So we will need to test the power to the fans from the board but if both are not running, I suspect the board has issues.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There are no lights on the board...so tell me how to test the fans
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
With a multi-meter?

Do you have a meter to test voltage with?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yeah but will have to figure it out...never used it on a fridge
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We are looking for it
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That was confusing
Not sure about this meter
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This is an ohm meter

You will need one that can test voltage. Are you familiar with measuring live circuits?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no I am not really
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
But was looking on the green circuit board to match up the picture with this little meter...it has dcv and acv
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If the board wasn't working wouldn't more things be not working

So it will need to be set on DCV, DC Voltage. Following the tests on that sheet, you can measure the voltage to those fans. The connections are marked on the board and the wire colors notated.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I cant find c75 on that board
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
or anything that says fan
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Let me look at the diagram again

CN75 is the connector number, it will be printed on the board.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I saw c78 but not c75...I know that when I rebooted the fridge I got the rfan error
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Found it
The all read about 70 dcv there are 6 wires but read the blue cfan, orange rfan and yellow ffan
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
But I unplugged it from the board and read it from the end of the adapter..was that wrong
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Should it also be checked on the board pins

You have to have it plugged in so there is a load on the circuit. You may need to insert paper clips to get enough of a test point for your meter probes.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can I touch the metal plates for each wire
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
blue cfan was 175 orange rfan was nothing and yellow ffan was 250

The voltage should be between 5 and 12 volts. What do you have your meter set on?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
dcv10

So you are reading .175 or where is the decimal?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Its not digital no decimal just read the line that says dcv says dcv then ma underneath

Can you take a picture of the meter display when you test so I can see what you are seeing because the readings you posted are not right.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
on the meter itself I can choose 100 at the bottom or DC or dcv10 dcv 50 or dcv 250 or dcv1000

I am afraid that you may need to call for service at this point. I am going to place your question back to the list in case another has an idea how to best help you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am sending pics
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When I test at dcv 250 I get a lower number but still nothing on the orange wire
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I sent the pics to the phone number on my phone..did you get them or do you give up
Kelly, Appliance Technician